From time to time, it is good to be reminded of the engineer’s responsibility to act in an ethical manner. As the next P.E. renewal cycle approaches, licensed engineers need to have taken one hour of ethics as part of the CEU requirement for license renewal in Florida.
I challenge all experienced engineers: Take time to mentor those young engineers in your company who are recent graduates. They will appreciate it, and it will be quite rewarding for both you as a mentor and your company through increased productivity.
The Florida Board of Professional Engineers celebrated a century of existence this past year. In my first order of business as the Board’s new Chair, I would like to thank the previous Chair, Anthony Fiorillo, for the outstanding job he did in leading FBPE through its 100th year.
It was an honor and a pleasure to serve as the 2017 Florida Board of Professional Engineers’ Chair. I enjoyed my time as Chair, but the distance from Northern Virginia and the demands of a booming economy, made it difficult to allocate sufficient time to serve the position diligently. Therefore, it is time for me to step aside and make way for the new Chair. Mr. Kenneth Todd is that guy!
Kenneth Todd, PE, CFM
FBPE Chair (2018)
- In Service to Florida’s Licensees – October 2016
- FBPE Committee Updates – July 2016
- Two Months Left to Complete “Advanced” Florida Building Code Course CE Requirement – April 2016
- Chapter 23, F.A.C.Recent Updates at a Glance- January 2016
- Continuing Education Requirements – October 2015
- Thank You for Your Input & Assistance – July 2015
- FBPE Launches New Phases of Outreach Program – April 2015
- Thank You, Warren. – January 2015
- FBPE Rules Committee & Continuing Education – October 2014
- Engineers as Scientists – June 2014