Here is a short list of handy links to help you on your path to becoming a licensed Professional Engineer in Florida.
- Why Become a Licensed Engineer? This page explains the benefits of becoming a licensed Professional Engineer and the steps necessary to earn your license in Florida.
- The Licensure Process: Here’s a quick summary of criteria you must meet to become a licensed PE in Florida.
- 2019 Statute Changes: Changes to Florida law made it easier to pursue PE licensure in the Sunshine state. (For instance, you now apply directly with NCEEs to take your exams; you no longer have to wait four years to take the Principles & Practice of Engineering, or PE, exam; and engineering technology graduates are eligible to become PEs.)
- NCEES Examination Guide: This is the official guide to policies and procedures for all NCEES exams. All examinees are required to read this document before starting the exam registration process.
- Exam Specifications: NCEES has information about and discipline specifications for the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam on its website.
- Exam Prep Materials: NCEES also has exam preparations materials available, including information about computer-based testing and types of questions to expect.
- NCEES FE Reference Handbook: This is the official reference guide for the computer-based FE exam. Prior to exam day, examinees are urged to familiarize themselves with the charts, formulas, tables, and other reference information included in the handbook. Printed copies of the handbook are no longer allowed in the exam room, but a searchable, electronic version will be available onscreen during the exam. You can download a free version of the guide or purchase a copy through your free MyNCEES account.
- FBPE’s Connection Newsletter: FBPE publishes a quarterly online newsletter with information pertinent to PEs (and anyone interested in becoming a PE). The current issue, as well as an archive of past issues, are always available online. You can also subscribe to the newsletter using the form at the bottom of the page.
- Becoming a PE: This is a PDF of the PowerPoint presentation Becoming a PE. The link will be to the latest version of presentation, so there may be differences between it and the presentation you saw. (Oh, and if you’d like to watch them again, the videos included in our class presentations are online.)
- PE Licensure and Ethics: This is a PDF of the PowerPoint presentation discussing PE licensure in Florida and ethics as it relates to the practice of engineering.
- Social Media: FBPE is on both Facebook and LinkedIn. Follow us on either (or both!) for STEM news, important licensure information, and Friday fun.
Need more information?
Use the site map or search our comprehensive website to find the information you need. If you can’t find the answers you are looking for, FBPE’s staff is always here to assist you.