NCEES logoActive-duty military and their spouses may now transmit their NCEES Record to a state licensing board at no charge when military orders require them to relocate to a new state or territory, NCEES has announced.

The NCEES Records program is designed for currently licensed engineers who are looking for an easier and faster way to gain licensure when moving to another U.S. state or territory. Once established, an individual’s Record includes most — if not all — of the materials needed to apply for licensure in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Please note that Florida offers licensure through endorsement, not through comity or reciprocity. Since criteria for licensure in other states may be different, PEs wishing to be licensed in Florida must meet Florida requirements and complete the Application for Licensure as Professional Engineer when they apply for licensure.

“This new no-cost option will help members of the military and their spouses by simplifying and expediting the comity licensure process in their new state,” NCEES Chief Executive Officer David Cox said. “Military transmittals will include a special designation to alert the receiving licensing board of their priority status. Applying for comity licensure through the NCEES Records program can often be completed and a license issued within a matter of days.”

An individual’s NCEES Record is a verified compilation of his or her official academic transcripts, full employment history, professional references, and exam results. It is commonly used by licensed engineers to document completion of the education, experience, and examination requirements shared by all U.S. engineering licensing boards.

Active-duty military and their spouses who are interested in learning more about the NCEES Records program or how to use it when they are restationed in a new state or territory should visit or email for more information.