UPDATED: The cancellation of the April 2020 paper-and-pencil PE exam administration affected approximately 16,000 examinees. To accommodate these examinees, the format of the October 2020 exam administration will be modified.
The October 2020 paper-and-pencil Principles & Practice of Engineering exams will be administered over two days: Thursday, Oct. 22, and Friday, Oct. 23. Exams usually offered once a year during the April administration will be offered in October.
October 2020 Exam Administrations
- Registration Opens: Monday, June 1, 2020
- Examinee Registration or Cancellation Deadline: 3 p.m. EDT Thursday, Aug. 20, 2020
- Deadline to Submit ADA and Religious Accommodation Requests to NCEES: Thursday, Aug. 20, 2020
(Please visit NCEES website for information.)
- Exam Authorization Notices Sent by NCEES to Candidates: two to three weeks before exam
(Any candidate who does not receive their exam authorization from NCEES by two weeks before the exam should call NCEES at (800) 250-3196.)
PE Exams for Thursday, Oct. 22, 2020
- Civil: Geotechnical
- Civil: Transportation
- Civil: Water Resources and Environmental SE Vertical Forces Bridges
- Structural: Vertical Forces Buildings
PE Exams for Friday, Oct. 23, 2020
- Agricultural and Biological Engineering Architectural Engineering
- Civil: Construction
- Civil: Structural
- Control Systems
- Electrical and Computer: Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Computer: Electronics, Controls, and Communications Electrical and Computer: Power Metallurgical and Materials
- Mining and Mineral Processing
- Naval Architecture and Marine
- Structural: Lateral Forces Bridges
- Structural: Lateral Forces Buildings
If you applied with FBPE for the canceled April administration of the PE exam, your application and fee will be applied to the October exam administration. You are not required to re-apply or make a new payment. You should contact NCEES to schedule a seat for the October exam.
If you applied to NCEES for the April administration, you should receive a full refund of fees paid to NCEES. You will need to reapply for the October administration. NCEES will announce registration dates soon. Visit NCEES.org for more information.