Registration for the April 2021 administration of the pencil-and-paper Principles & Practice of Engineering exams opens at 10 a.m. EST Wednesday, Jan. 27, and closes at 3 p.m. EST Thursday, March 4.
The exam administration will take place over two days: Thursday, April 22, and Friday, April 23.
NCEES is closely monitoring the impact of COVID-19 on the April exam administration. All exam site locations are currently proceeding with reduced capacity restrictions in place. Changes to state and local requirements that further reduce capacities for groups and events may affect the number of examinees that are able to test at a specific site. NCEES will continue to monitor these changes between now and exam day.
To help ensure the health, safety, and welfare of examinees and proctoring teams, NCEES is implementing the following measures for the April 2021 exam administration.
Examinees must review and satisfy the following requirements before being admitted to an exam site. No one will be admitted to the exam site if they have met any of the COVID-19 qualifications listed below.
- Tested positive for COVID-19
Unless symptom-free and fever-free for at least 72 hours without the use of fever reducing medicine and at least 10 days have passed since your last exposure, or you have received two negative COVID-19 test results in a row, 24 hours apart.
- Experiencing (or have experienced) one or more associated symptoms the last ten (10) days: shortness of breath, cough, fever, chills, sore throat, loss of smell
Unless you have been symptom-free and fever-free for at least 72 hours without the use of fever reducing medicine.
- Live with or have had close contact with someone who has confirmed or suspected COVID-19
Unless at least 10 days have passed since your last exposure.
- Have been or are currently under home quarantine or centralized observation by government or healthcare authorities
Unless at least 10 days have passed since your quarantine or centralized observation has been lifted by the government or healthcare authorities.
Examinees who meet the above conditions on exam day and are admitted to the exam site must agree to follow the below guidelines on exam day:
- Examinees will be seated alone and properly distanced from other tables.
- Examinees and proctors are required to wear face masks at all times.
- Examinees must practice social distancing at all times.
- Examinees will be allowed to have hand sanitizer and wipes, extra face coverings, and disposable gloves in the exam room; they must be placed on the floor during the exam.
- Examinees understand that they will be dismissed from the exam and their exam scores will be invalidated if they do not adhere to the COVID-19 safety requirements for this site.
- Examinees understand that they are allowed to lower masks to eat or drink for brief moments as defined by the proctors and that proctors will issue a warning to examinees before they are dismissed.
Examination specifications and design standards, the schedule for the April exam dates, and up-to-date information on the examination are available on the NCEES website.