The NCEES Board of Directors recently approved the calculator models that can be used on NCEES computer-based and pencil-and-paper exams in 2019:
- Casio: All fx-115 and fx-991 models (Any Casio calculator must have “fx-115” or “fx-991” in its model name.)
- Hewlett Packard: The HP 33s and HP 35s models, but no others
- Texas Instruments: All TI-30X and TI-36X models (Any Texas Instruments calculator must have “TI-30X” or “TI-36X” in its model name.)
Limiting the types of calculators allowed in the exam room is one of the measures NCEES takes to protect the integrity of its exams.
Spring 2019 Exam Changes
The new year ushered in changes to NCEES exams.
- With the final pencil-and-paper administration completed in October, registration for the computer-based PE Environmental exam opened in November. Examinees can now schedule computer-based testing (CBT) appointments, which will be available year-round starting on April 1, 2019.
- The last administration of the PE Software Engineering exam will be offered in April 2019.
CBT Conversion Timetable
For the latest information on the conversion of NCEES exams to CBT, visit ncees.org/CBT. The timetable includes details on when each exam will convert to CBT, as well as the format and availability of each exam.