The deadline to renew your Florida Professional Engineer license or your firm’s Certificate of Authorization is just around the corner. Renewal ends on Feb. 28, 2019.
- WHAT HAPPENS IF I DON’T RENEW BY FEB. 28?
- All current and active Florida Professional Engineer licenses and Certificates of Authorization will become delinquent after Feb. 28, 2019. If you failed to renew your Florida PE license or Certificate of Authorization in 2017 and it is currently delinquent, it will become null and void after Feb. 28, 2019.
- CONTINUING EDUCATION DEADLINE IS FEB. 28, TOO
- Professional Engineers must complete 18 hours of continuing education by Feb. 28, 2019. You are required to have one hour of Florida laws and rules and one hour of professional ethics, both from a Board-approved provider; four hours related to your area of practice; and 12 hours related to any topic pertinent to the practice of engineering.
- HOW DO I RENEW MY LICENSE?
- FBPE has step-by-step instructions for renewing your license (or Certificate of Authorization). Our online guide walks you through the process, whether you are a first-time licensee or a longtime PE.
- HOW DO I PRINT MY LICENSE?
- PE licenses and Certificates of Authorization will no longer be mailed to you. You must print them from myfloridalicense.com after they have been renewed. FBPE has detailed instructions on our website explaining how to generate your printable license.